tisdag 12 februari 2008

Day 2 in the Spec 1 module

I have now chosen a designer that I´m gonna do some research into. The first assignment is to pick one of following themes/works and use our chosen designers style to do a print design.

  • Hyper Island “Retrospective” 1995-2008
  • Roald Dahl, “James and the Giant Peach”
  • Doris Lessing, “The Golden Notebook”

I´ve choose Roald Dhal´s book "James and the Giant Peach" because that is close to Saul Bass past works.

We will peermarket two guys in my class, Emil Rydberg and Simone Magurno.
Emil choose the same designer as I did, but picked the Hyper Island "retrospective" and Simone picked Lazar Markovich Lissitzky which I will have to look up to get a clue of how that designers work looks like.

Saul Bass made alot of film posters and title sequences for some of Hollywoods greatest filmmakers. Therefore I will make my own title sequence if the time allow. The time is 24 hour. From now. So we will se if it´s possible.


Some of Saul Bass work



Inga kommentarer: